Don’t you all worry, the actual recipes don’t look that bad as the featured image. 😛 There is a preconceived notion about healthy foods that it gets very bland & not at all delicious. In other words, food either has to be healthy or tasty. The reality couldn’t be further from the truth. Though it’s true in some cases that healthy foods become very boring & monotonous. But it all depends on how well you are using your resources & jinxing it up to come up with something new & exciting to eat. I have tried my level best to bring you the top recipes for breakfast which are equally healthy, tasty & protein-rich.
What to expect from this article:-
- 3 Healthy & Protein-rich breakfast recipes.
- It is going to be Vegetarian & Eggetarian recipes.
- Budget-friendly & easily accessible.
- Quick & easy to make recipes.
- I’ll be letting you know how to make it & also give you its nutritional insights, i.e; protein, carbs & fats content as well as the number of calories.
- And lastly, it’s going to be fingers licking, mouth-watering delicious. 😎
But before getting on with healthy recipes, I’ll have to ask you all to turn your back on junk food & the cravings. I know it’s pretty damn hard to overcome your usual habit of junk eating & completely changing your lifestyle & ill write a complete dedicated blog for that on how to change your lifestyle & eating habits. Until then, here are some handy tips on how to beat your cravings & practice mindful eating:-
- Drink a lot of water. Many a time thirst is muddled with hunger. So whenever you feel like binging upon something, drink a glass or two of water.
- You got to incorporate a good amount of protein in your daily diet. This is because it helps you feel full & minimizes your cravings & therefore keeps you away from overeating.
- Being stressed is one of the prominent reasons for overeating or binging as it helps to induce cravings & alter your eating patterns. Therefore find a solution to fight stress, it could be anything from meditation or a walk in the garden or music, anything that works for you.
- Fix your sleeping pattern & get enough sleep. Being deprived of it can affect your hormones which results in strong food cravings & mindless eating.
- Last but not the least, build a good relationship with food. I know it sounds awkward but having a good relationship with food is as important as any other relationship in your life. Practice mindful eating.
1tbsp Peanut Butter
200 mL Milk
1tsp Cocoa Powder
How To Make It
Step 1 – Take 50g of Oats, 200 mL of milk in a bowl & half mashed banana. Mix it. Leave it refrigerated overnight.
Step 2 – Add 1 tbsp Peanut Butter to it. Add 1 tsp Cocoa powder for flavor.
Step 3 – Finally garnish it with 10 Almonds & Cashews. Add half banana toppings & honey on top of it as a sweetener.
Paneer Cheese Sandwich
4 Brown Bread
100 g Paneer
1 tsp Olive Oil
2 Cheese Slices
1/2 tsp Chat Masala
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
How To Make It
Step 1 – Grate the Paneer. Add chopped tomatoes & onions to it.
Step 2 – Add Chat Masala, Black Pepper & Salt to taste.
Step 3 – Take the Brown Bread & evenly spread the mixture on top of it. Place a slice of cheese on top of the mixture & top it up with another bread. We are making 2 sandwiches here.
Step 4 – Properly grease the toaster with olive oil or butter & finally place your sandwich in the toaster.
Medium Raw Potato
A Cup of Cabbage
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
2 Cheese Slices (Optional)
How To Make It
Step 1 – Peel off the potatoes and cut them into thick slices. Chop the onion and cabbage.
Step 2 – Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan & once it gets heated, throw in the potatoes, onions & cabbage in it. Stir it gently partially covered for around 20 minutes.
Step 3 – Once done, strain the potatoes, onions & cabbage in a bowl.
Step 4 – Break the eggs ( whole eggs) and stir it in a different bowl first. Then mix it to the other bowl with a good amount of salt & black pepper.
Step 5 – Put on the flames and a pan with a tbsp of olive oil in it. Once it gets heated, tip everything into the pan & use a spatula to shape the omelet.
Step 6 – Remember this is not your usual omelet which you can flip in style or by just using a spatula. Carefully invert the whole thing on a plate and then place the other side on the pan.
Step 7 – You can put the cheese slices on top of it now and fold it into parts, however, it’s completely optional. However, I like mine with cheese though. 😛
Step 8 – And finally garnish it with coriander on the top and you are ready for the feast.
Points To Remember
- Firstly, it is just the recipe that I want you all to focus on whereas the quantity you all have to decide according to your daily calorie intake.
- You can jinx it up by adding certain ingredients that will go with the recipe in case you want to play with your macros. For instance, you can add protein powder in the oatmeal recipe or add an extra egg in the omelet recipe to increase your protein content if you are on a high protein diet & want to meet your protein goals.
- You got to know your BMR & maintenance calories to achieve your body goals.
- In conclusion, this was the first of many healthy Protein-rich recipes. However, if you want me to write an article on a certain kind of diet recipes or any specific healthy recipe, kindly let me know in the comment section.