Protein as we all know is one of the three major macronutrients & is the building block of our life. Basically, every cell in the human body contains protein. If we exclude water & fat, the human body is made up almost entirely of protein. So now the question arises what is protein all about & what are some of the major benefits it actually offers – 💡
- Builds & repair tissues
- Transports oxygen in the blood from lungs to tissues (hemoglobin)
- Boosts your metabolism
- Helps to build & maintain muscle mass
- Aids in weight/fat loss
- Good for your bones
- Lowers the blood pressure
(There are tonnes of other benefits too which I’ll be covering in another detailed article on protein in near future).
So seeing the above benefits, it’s pretty safe to say that for maintaining a good healthy lifestyle, you need to have an adequate amount of protein in your daily diet.
So in this article, we are going to talk about 10 such high protein food which you can include in your daily diet to fulfill your requirement for the day. But before jumping onto that knowing how much protein you actually need in a day is very important. Check out this link below to calculate your daily protein intake:-
Another point that you should keep in mind is that not all foods provide you with the same quality of protein. When you look at the nutrition quotient of a protein, the amino acid composition plays an important factor. Protein is basically made up of amino acids. And there are 20 kinds of the amino acids present in our human body, the majority of out of which our body is capable of making it themselves & the ones which can’t be made by our body are known as essential amino acids. These are the ones that we need to intake from our daily diet.
There are 9 types of essential amino acids namely :
Every amino acid has a part to play of its own, therefore we cant afford to miss out on any of them. The animal protein is considered to be a complete protein source consisting of all the amino acids whereas vegetarian sources lack some of them. So, the point is that not all foods contain these essential amino acids & therefore we need to jinx up our diet with various food items to attain our goal of intaking high-quality protein providing all the essential amino acids to our body every single day.
10 High Protein Food
- I have tracked all these food items’ nutritious value on the HealthifyMe app. You can check this app out for calculating your daily calories & macros. It’s amazing.
- I have calculated the calories & macros of chicken & fish as a boiled recipe. If you are going to cook or roast or add anything extra to it, the calories may differ. You have to add the variables yourselves & you will get the exact calories & macros.
- I have tried to incorporate various food items that differ in macros. Some are carbs heavy while some are high on fats, so you got to be smart about your choices & select the food items which will fit into your daily maintenance calories & macros budget.
- Try to intake just the adequate amount of protein according to your body needs. Neither fell short of it nor go overboard with it.
- You can out my previous article on high protein breakfast recipes for some amazing options to get started with.
- Now go crush your protein goal every single day. 😎